1-5 Day Transition Events build positive, inclusive peer relationships, breaking down barriers and supporting your pupils as they move on to another school, or transition up to another year group.
Whilst transition to a new school, or even a new class, can be exciting and something to look forward to, some children find it unsettling and experience a range of emotions and thoughts which arenít always so positive.
Many feel the loss of familiarity and security from a particular class, or teacher that they are particularly happy and comfortable with. Others are fearful of the unknown, unsure of new people and worry about making friends, have concerns about finding their way around a new building and learning a new routine.
It's not unsurprising that a significant number lose ground and fall back in their learning, confidence and skills, as they cope with the first year in their new school.
How Working With Others makes a positive difference
Transition Days in the summer term before moving on, or during the summer holiday, offer:
- a relaxed way of welcoming new students to their new environment,
- a positive, fun opportunity to become familiar with their new surroundings
- a chance to meet and begin to build positive relationships with other children who will be their classmates and peers in September
- an opportunity for staff to meet new students, talk and work with them
Working With Others brings together groups of people who aren't already familiar with each other, in an environment of trust, to break down barriers, getting everyone to connect.
With everyone safe, but inevitably a little out of their comfort zone, we run participatory group activities and its at this point that the learning begins. Having the day organised and run by WWO means that:
- outcomes are guaranteed
- reduced preparation time for already overloaded staff
- teachers and support staff can participate in the day
What We Offer 1 - 5 Day Sessions
- held in your school
- practical, engaging, fun activities that offer an opportunity for students to work with a range of of different students in paired, small group and larger group activities
- opportunity for staff to get involved, work with students and help support the session
- uses proven strategies and activities to build positive, inclusive peer relationships, breaking down barriers to learning and being together
- can be tailor made for any age group. More.........
- Read about the University Academy, Liverpool Transition Summer School on the WWO Blog by Cathy Ota
For more information please contact Cathy Ota on 07817 363193 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Course - Friday 22nd March 2013
INSET at Moffat Academy early in 2013 and a training session with trainee teachers at University of...
Starting new Partnerships across the country. Deadline for registration - 14th June 2013.