Learning Mentor Project - Brighton & Hove
January - December 2012
With a number of Brighton & Hove schools we're undertaking an exciting project to increase and measure the impact that Learning Mentors have with pupils and the class.
The project has several goals:
- To increase the effectiveness and impact of Learning Mentors
in Brighton & Hove schools
- To provide tailored Working With Others training and CPD for Learning Mentors
- To establish a supportive, reflective network of Learning Mentors
across Brighton & Hove
- To use rigorous research tools to measure the impact of Learning Mentors and the Working With Others programme for disadvantaged pupils
- For the lead Learning Mentor and the WWO Co-ordinator to produce a case study for a tracked child and a general school portfolio of collated and analysed data and evidence.
Key Elements of Project
- A five or six days training course for Learning Mentors between January and December 2012
- Learning Mentors will meet for 1 day each half term (a total of 5 days) between January and December 2012. Each day to include:
- Working With Others training and support for the Learning Mentors
- Facilitated sessions to share good practice and address current challenges
- Briefing and training in the collection of data
- Planning, preparation, collation and review of data for portfolios
2. Support and supervision of the Learning Mentors in each school
3. Working with and supervising the partnership between the lead Learning Mentor and the school WWO Co-ordinator
4. Gathering and analysing progress data from each school, each half term and the end of year
5. Preparation of an end of year report for each school and a general report for Brighton & Hove.
To find out more about how WWO can work with your Learning Mentors, or more about the Brighton & Hove project, please contact Cathy Ota on 07817 363193 or e-mail email@example.com
Next Course - Friday 22nd March 2013
INSET at Moffat Academy early in 2013 and a training session with trainee teachers at University of...
Starting new Partnerships across the country. Deadline for registration - 14th June 2013.