Brighton & Hove Children and Young People's Trust
Early Years - Foundation Training
Our Early Years Foundation training day was originally run in March 2011 at the
Jubilee Library in Brighton, and was sponsored and funded
by Brighton & Hove Children and Young People's Trust.
In the Foundation training, we introduced the general principles of the Working With Others approach; explained how it supports and enhances Early Years practice and showed the dramatic impact that it has on children, professionals and organisations alike.
Our creative social skills and group work approach was developed over the last ten years. It emerged from university research and a close collaboration with practitioners and children and has already become established within many Early Years settings in the UK and Canada - as well as over 350 primary and secondary schools across the south of England.
Working With Others enables children as young as 2 years old to:
- Trust each other and the adults who are with them
- Be more confident and independent
- Learn from each other and support each otherís learning
- Develop their self esteem
- Express themselves verbally
- Think about the impact of their behaviour on others
- Take turns
- Learn the skills to problem solve and handle conflict
- Extend creative and critical thinking skills
- Participate in co-operative games and activities
- Develop positive, inclusive relationships with peers
Energising Benefits for Practitioners
Working With Others helps Early Years practitioners and teams to further enrich their provision for children with evidence based, practical strategies and ideas for developing the key relationship building and learning skills in all their children.
WWO has a very practical approach and our Foundation Day gives all Early Years professionals the opportunity to:
- Learn a range of different practical activities for young children that will enhance their trust, communication and problem solving skills
- Build your own confidence and self-esteem
- Gain confidence in strategies for enabling all children to be comfortable with others and develop positive relationships with their peers
- Explore how you can be a facilitator of learning between children
- Review and enrich the emotional and physical environment for your children
- Plan, structure and support opportunities for co-operative and collaborative learning in your setting as part of a team
- Devise a personal action plan for moving forwards and next steps for developing your own practice.
The Early Years Foundation training was created by Cathy Ota, an original co-developer of WWO and delivered by Cathy Ota and Deborah Price, another experienced EYPS trainer.
For details of our current Early Years courses, click here and for further information or for an informal chat about how your organisation's training needs, please contact Cathy Ota directly on 07817 363193 or via email@example.com
Next Course - Friday 22nd March 2013
INSET at Moffat Academy early in 2013 and a training session with trainee teachers at University of...
Starting new Partnerships across the country. Deadline for registration - 14th June 2013.