Outstanding and Inspired Creativity
- Working With Others in Art and Design
NEXT DATE FOR THIS COURSE
Venue: Thistle Hotel, Brighton
Cost: £135 (+VAT)
includes course notes, materials and lunch
Suitable for: Teachers, Teaching Assistants and Support Staff from Primary Phase, Early Years Practitioners
Art and design activities lend themselves well to children working in partnership and collaboratively with one another – an ideal setting where the Working With Others practical approach to creating inclusive, safe, positive learning relationships can be successfully applied.
WWO equips children with the awareness, skills and understanding that they need to confidently communicate with each other, share ideas and support each other's learning.
In this very practical course we will show how Art and Design can provide wonderful opportunities for children to work collaboratively, build good working relationships and raise their self-esteem.
Highlighting strategies for structuring and embedding collaborative learning across a range of Art and Design activities, the course will demonstrate how trusting relationships and positive attitudes to learning can be fostered by providing opportunities for children to negotiate, make decisions and face challenges together.
Teachers and practitioners will learn strategies for developing children’s skills and understanding in art, and group activities during the day will allow participants to work together, engage in dialogue and critically reflect.
Hands-on workshop sessions will address a range of Art and Design processes with activities that are designed to challenge children, build strong working relationships and encourage positive attitudes to learning.
By the end of the course you will:
- Have practical strategies that can be used in your own classroom for embedding Working With Others across Art and Design
- Understand how key Working With Others principles and ideas can support children's learning and relationships in the classroom, specifically in Art and Design
- Appreciate how opportunities to work together can lead to greater enjoyment and empowerment for children and tangibly improved outcomes
- Know which Art and Design processes lend themselves well to this approach, and how to organise them
- Be confidently able to adapt Art and Design projects, which enable independent, confident and creative learners and allow children to work cooperatively and collaboratively together
Book early as places are limited.
Cathy Ota is co-founder of Working With Others and has a rich background in research and education. You can find out more on her website www.cathyota.com
Judy Grahame is a freelance consultant with many years’ experience of teaching children in primary schools and of providing guidance and support in all aspects of Art and Design to teachers. Formerly Adviser for Art and Design in East Sussex, she currently organises and leads professional development courses and In-service training events across the South East. She is an assessor for the Artsmark award, a contributor to many educational resources and has recently co-written a series of books for A & C Black called ‘Art Express’.
How to Book
To book your place please email Cathy Ota at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Course - Friday 22nd March 2013
INSET at Moffat Academy early in 2013 and a training session with trainee teachers at University of...
Starting new Partnerships across the country. Deadline for registration - 14th June 2013.